American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Dropping the ball

Okay, so life has gotten a bit in the way of my getting out. I've been working around the house instead of playing in the woods. The work needed to be done and the woods aren't going away anytime soon.

I managed to get out just long enough yesterday to cut myself. I had been using a machete to shave fuzz from a log to see if I couldn't get the fuzz to light. Then I used my OMF knife and my firesteel to throw some sparks into the mass of fuzz. I was paying a bit more attention to the knife's spine in relation to the firesteel and a little too little attention to the knife's edge in relation to my index finger.

Superglue fixed it right up.

This is the first time I've cut myself with a knife since my accident back in October which left me with 14 stitches, two ruptured tendons, and about $10,000 in medical bills. Believe it or not this is a good thing. It means I'm finally back on the horse.

Off to paint my son's room. If I get finished while the sun's still up maybe I'll get outside. I've got until Wednesday evening to get my list of chores completed so hopefully I'll find some time to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather we're having.

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home