American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Planning for tomorrow

Yes, tomorrow is Easter Sunday. I know. I'm still going out into the woods.

I've been working on a plan all day and think I've got an outline for a fun time. I have set myself a series of tasks in attempt to further pare down my normal load. Hopefully I'll get some pictures to go with tomorrow's narrative.

Here's the plan:
  1. Carve deadwood "fuzz" tinder and, if necessary, dry inside shirt
  2. Using ONLY a firesteel and knife get a fire started
  3. Build a lean-to (or other shelter) using only a space blanket and planer board line (200 pound test)

Once I've completed the list I'll fire up my Trangia and have some lunch and, maybe, something to drink.

The forecast for tomorrow looks warm and wet with thunderstorms rolling through most of the day. Might make firestarting more challenging...

Wish me luck.

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home