American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Friday, April 14, 2006

Swanndri (Part Two)

Got a note yesterday that my Swanndri stuff is in at the Post Office. Woo-Hoo!

It said that I owed $75.67 for Customs. Say What?!

Swanniestore.com states clearly on their website that they cannot be held responsible for Customs fees (duties?) on packages once shipped. I knew it going in and do not hold them responsible at all. Frankly, I'm still looking forward to getting the gear and trying it on to make sure it all fits.

Here's a question for you though. What does Customs DO that merits a charge of $75.67? Did they unpack and repack the gear more carefully? Did they inspect the merchandise to make sure I got the absolute best product from New Zealand? Or did they just arbitrarily tag my package with a fee to help finance the Christmas Party?

Off to Google "Customs fees" to see if I can't figure out a)why I got charged and b)why it was so much (relative to the price of the package.)

Wish me luck,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home