American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Monday, May 15, 2006

New Knives

Here are two of the knives I picked up while in Escanaba. Both knives have Osage Orange handles with red and white spacers. The knife on the left is the Lil' Nessy and on the right the Settler. Both pictures were taken by Mike Stewart at the shop.

I'll see what I can do about getting some pictures of both knives with the rest of my more traditional gear as soon as the weather clears.

George Washington Sears (Nessmuk) often talked about his "trinity" of tools. He carried a double-bit axe (really more of a hatchet,) a Moose pattern slipjoint, and a fixed blade knife in the shape of the Lil' Nessy. I have my own trinity of outdoor tools but I'll try it Nessmuk's way for a while.

Tomorrow will be my first opportunity for some time in the woods in quite a while. I'll only have a couple of hours but that should afford me enough time to at least get a few pictures.

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home