American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Next big project

Today I'm setting things in place to begin reading and note-taking to advance my knowledge of animal tracks and signs.

I have several books on the subject and have spent some time flipping through them--enough to know that there is a ton I don't know. I will begin reading them one after the other, taking extensive notes, and getting out to look for tracks and sign often.

The two areas I had considered studying were tracking and wild plant identification. While the wild plants would be far easier to photograph and write up, I believe the animal tracking could lead me on some interesting adventures this summer.

Just this morning I nearly had a doe inside the house. If I hadn't made a bunch of movements and noise I'm not sure she would have turned in time to avoid the large windows in the Master Bath.

Life on the river can certainly be interesting...

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home