American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Monday, June 26, 2006

100th post

Already a milestone...it's hard to believe that I've written about 100 different things already.

Sure, several were about fire and several were about knives but those who know me know that those are two things I really, really like.

I got up early this morning to watch the fury of a thunderstorm. The sound of the thunder and the flash of lightening was punctuated by the driving drops of rain. It sounded like hammers on the roof as it came down.

It was impressively strong from inside the house so I can only imagine what it would have been like from the underside of my Hilleberg tarp or inside an ultralight tent. My daughter and I rode out a similar storm last year in our tent having gone to bed with eight or ten other tents full of campers and we woke in the morning as the sole survivors of hours and hours of driving rain. That campout must be coming up again soon...I'll have to see if there's space for us again.

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home