American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Hunter Safety Course

Last night began, for me, a two-day experience known as Hunter Safety. I am not required to take this course as I was born before the official cutoff date but I thought there might be some good information to gather and the class was free.

Turns out I was right. Last night I heard from the instructor, a traditional archer, and a game warden (Conservation Enforcement Officer.) Each left me with the same message which was really quite simple:

Respect your surroundings, respect the animals, and respect yourself.

Do these three things and, chances are, you're going to hunt safely and legally.

I also learned a bit about archery golf but that's a topic for another day...

I've got to run, class starts in a little more than an hour and I haven't had my coffee yet.

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home