American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Friday, August 25, 2006

Not all is well

Recently I've come to notice that technology and I are at odds.

Just this week, I've been dealing with a host of problems with various electronic components around the house. I have a laptop with a bad keyboard and system fan, a desktop with a bad video card, and an iPod that just flat out doesn't work any more.

Thanks to Spen I've got a new video card that I'll try this morning but the other problems won't be easily solved.

Sure, mankind did without these things for generations and I can certainly do without them for a short while but do they all have to turn on me at the same time?!

Life in the woods is so much simpler. A knife, a billy can, a tarp, and some cordage is really all you'll need to get by. Sure, you could bring some food and drink along to make things more comfortable. You could strap a hammock up between two trees and just lay back and relax. You could just sit back against a log and enjoy the sights and sounds nature offers.

Batteries Not Included (nor required.)

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home