American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Monday, September 25, 2006

Back to the grind

Spent the weekend out of town visiting my brother and his family. Another long weekend that should have been a few days longer and yet was maybe just a bit too long for the kids by the time all was said and done.

Putting a family of four in a hotel room for three days and two nights might be a better idea once the kids are a bit older. Mine tend to vie for bed space, stay up late, and get up early. On the final night they both insisted that I sleep with them in their double bed so I dutifully curled up at the foot of the bed and "slept" sideways on a bed that supported me from my head to my waist.

Not much time was spent outdoors with the wet weather but we did manage to get enough resources together once we got home to light a fire and brew up a cup or two of tea.

My wife and I prepared dinner at my brother's house on Friday night and I used my Bark River Sperati for most of the prep. We made a wonderful Shepherd's Pie (and made it in a hurry) and he was left with enough to feed him at lunchtime for the rest of this coming week. This is, in my opinion, one of the ultimate comfort foods. I'm going to work up a recipe to make this in the woods sometime. I don't know just how I'll "bake" it once I've got the potatoes on top but I'll figure something out.

Now we're back and the regularly scheduled programming should resume post haste.

Thanks for reading,

B

2 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And boy was it good!!!!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

LOL! Any left?

Going to make some more here this weekend. Instead of the Sunday roast chicken this week we're going to have Shepherd's Pie with ground lamb. Yum.

Thanks,

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home