American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I made a stove for my Crusader Cooker out of a small V8 can (5.5 oz.) that will burn denatured alcohol. Similar stoves can be found here:
Zen Backpacking Stoves

I actually end up using two cans to assemble the stove I most like which is pressurized. The whole process takes just minutes to complete and the stove works like a champ.

This smaller stove does take a while to get up to temperature but once properly jetted it works great at boiling water and only uses 1-1.5 oz. of fuel at a time.

I build all of my alcohol stoves with side jets so I can skip the use of a pot support. The loss of fuel capacity is so minimal as to make the difference irrelevant.

I'll see if I can't pull together a tutorial on building one of these stoves in the near future.

Thanks for reading,

B

PS.Note that I've added a couple of new links to the Right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home