American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Friday, October 20, 2006

200

Wow! 200 Posts.

This has become quite an obsession since March. My first thought upon waking is, "Gotta' update the blog..." and my last thought at night before going to sleep is, "What did I do today to write about in the blog?"

My gear addiction, if anything, has gotten worse instead of better. The amount of time I spend on the Internet has increased so I can keep up with Pablo, Sam, and the others every day.

I have slowly built up a library of mushrooming books, have revisited my tree identification books, and have begun pouring through my animal tracking books again.

Jake has started to come out with us. Laura has acquired more cold weather gear in anticipation of some winter hiking. My wife STILL only read the blog that one time. Hah!

All in all it has been a pretty good 200 posts--for me anyway. I'm curious to know what you think.

Thanks for reading,


B

4 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Panday said...

Bushman,

Congratulations on #200.

I have some questions for you:

What's your experience with knife companies outside of Bark River? I have a few favorites, and I was wondering if you had others, too.

Do you do any fishing? I so, I was wondering if you could comment on the fillet knife I just put up. Even bad criticism is welcome, as I learn from it. :-)

Thanks,
Stephen

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 200 posts. Yep, it does get a bit of an obsession. I really enjoy yours (and everyone elses) blogs. There's a good exchange of ideas. Keep up the good work.

Pablo

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Thanks to you both.

Stephen,

I do have other knife companies I like. Simonich Knives, Strider Knives, Chris Reeve, Ontario, W. R. Case, Dozier, Frosts of Sweden, and Eriksson all have knives in my collection. All make excellent users that, with a little work, can all become phenomenal workers.

I carry a Case Sodbuster in Carbon-Vanadium Steel every day--have for quite some time.

For the money though, those Barkies are darned hard to beat. They cut like crazy and keep doing it for a long time with little in the way of maintenance being required.

I do fish and will hop over to your blog to check out the fillet knife.

Thanks again,

B

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Panday said...

Bushman,

Allow me to recommend you try a knife from Muela sometime. They're made in Spain and come at reasonable prices. I own two and I'm very satisfied with them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home