American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Brrr....

Our first temperatures in the 30s and it is 30 degrees. We're under a Freeze Warning from The Weather Channel with a chance of flurries today. That's right--snow.

Forecast high today is 40 degrees so it'll be getting warmer (relatively) throughout the day.

It's a great time of year to be a cold-weather guy. This temperature may require some additional layers atop the Swannie Ranger.

I'm going to break out the metal Wiggy's water bottle for my hike later too. It's quite a bit heavier than Nalgene but I can set it right next to the fire to either melt snow or thaw a frozen bottle without worrying that I'm going to melt my container.

On a side note, I played a bit more with WetFire yesterday and actually got a fire started IN a puddle of rainwater. The bits of tinder floated on the surface and still lit from the first spark of a metal match. When burning, the tinder released some by-product into the puddle that reminded me of gasoline from an outboard motor. Perhaps that means the WetFire was Petroleum based after all? We may never know...

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home