American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, November 16, 2006

IMP

I just received my IMP in the mail from Escanaba after sending it in for a bit of a tweak. Originally the knife came with three solid pins in the handle and I asked to have the rear pin removed and lanyard tubing installed instead.

The boys in the shop knocked this one out of the park. The lanyard tubing is nicely flush with the scales, the edges are chamfered making insertion of lanyard material easy, and the overall effect of the knife is now much improved.

I've also discovered that, with some initial effort, the knife will fit into the JRE Mini Canadian sheath--a design I've always liked. The knife is noticeably thicker than the Mini Canadian but the same length. The IMP has, at present, replaced the Mini Canadian on my belt.

We'll see if it can stay there...

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - I was wondering how long the blade is on your IMP. I have a Buck Vanguard drop-point and I like the idea of a lanyard attached on mine. Would have to be custom though. Rose-wood handle.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Panday said...

Bushman,

I was wondering if that false edge was fully sharpened or just beveled. I can think of advantages for both designs. Either way, that's a nice knife.

-Stephen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home