American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

This is my gun

My shotgun of choice for the upland bird trip is my Remington 870 Synthetic with a 28" barrel. The gun has a modified choke and shoots 2 3/4" to 3" 12-gauge shells with capacity for four in the magazine and one in the chamber. Hunting limits the capacity to two in the magazine and one in the chamber so I had to install a magazine plug prior to the hunt.

I've fired a little more than 500 rounds through it in the past three weeks and have had exactly one misfire which was caused by a bad round. I hope to put plenty more rounds through it in the near future while I continue to develop the muscle memory that will make next year's hunt even more successful than this one.

I don't have precise numbers on what we brought home but I can tell you that I've got a freezer absolutely full of birds.

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home