American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Hydrate

Combine 80 degree temperatures, cool breezes, and high humidity and you've got an environment ripe for creating a problem with dehydration.

It's difficult to drink enough water here because your body isn't craving it but the combination of moving air and high temperatures cause fluid to leave your body at an alarming rate...at least it does mine.

Headaches are one of the first signs of dehydration. If I get a headache coming on I reach for my Nalgene full of ice water and take a nice long drag. I'm easily drinking four of those a day and I'm not even doing anything strenuous.

I hope to get in a nice hike tomorrow and then I'll really need the water. Too bad I've only got the one bottle. It'll be a great opportunity to get in some water treatment though.

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home