American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Weaving

Inspired by this post on Knifeforums I decided to make a bag out of paracord that can be used to carry wet or bulky gear on the outside of my pack.

For the project I used six sections of paracord measuring six feet long.

Instead of the overhand knots I also used square knots. This way I can readjust the size of the mesh should I find things falling through.

I have already successfully used the mesh sack, stuffed with a fleece jacket, as a pillow while laying around in the woods.

Believe it or not, this is a far simpler project than I would have originally suspected. I'll be doing another one of these one of these days with natural cordage. Obviously that'll be after an extended stay in the woods.

For now, the paracord bag will work just fine for me...

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home