American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Friday, June 01, 2007

Hammock Update

I went to the local outdoor store today and picked up two 60cm runners (a sewn loop of 3/4" webbing) and have replaced the webbing that came with the hammock. I pulled the loop through the end of the hammock, attached a carabiner, and am now using the Eagle's Nest Slap Straps instead of the original webbing.

There are now no knots holding up the hammock which means the webbing retains 100% of its tensile strength. It also means it's darned easy to put up and take down.

We'll give it another go tonight.

B

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Pablo said...

That looks a pretty cool hammock. Do you have any more pics?

Cheers

Pablo

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Here are a few more pics I snapped when I first received the hammock from Tom Claytor.

I don't have a pic with the tarp pitched but will try and get some of those in the next day or so.

I just saw on your blog that you and I are doing basically the same thing with the webbing and carabiners. Great minds...or something like that. :)

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home