American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Home Early

I didn't survive the survival class.

I woke up on Sunday morning with a terrible migraine and upset stomach and, six hours later, felt little better and decided to pack it in. Had the survival class been the last part of this trip I would have probably stuck it out but I also have another long drive and a fishing trip at the end of the week.

I got some pictures of the campout, the people, and some of the projects I completed while I was there.

I met lots of nice people with similar interests and look forward to seeing them again in the near future.

Marty is doing a plant intensive class next month and the month after George is doing his primitive skills class. I'd like to try and do both if I can swing airfare to Marty's and get someone to watch the kids during the day.

I learned some lessons in the two days I was there. Even if I'd stayed for the full 10 days I would have had way too much gear and I packed pretty light this time.

More later,

B

2 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Pablo said...

Unlucky. But I'm sure you did the best thing.

Pablo.

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there- I hope you get over the hump on this. It would be good to see you at Maty's and up here in August if you can!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home