American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Friday, June 08, 2007

Tarp setup

It takes 8 pegs, two poles or sticks, and one tree but it makes a roomy low-profile shelter that'd be more than adequate for most weather situations.

It'd sleep two if you didn't mind being really cozy but more than likely it's a one-man shelter.

At approximately 9' deep it's more than enough for most folks and should keep all but horizontal rain from coming in far enough to soak a sleeping bag and pad.

While this isn't quite what was constructed in yesterday's video, it is the tarp shelter I've become most familiar with pitching. I tried the Etowah tarp pitch but just can't seem to get the crisp lines and tension I can with this pitch. I'll keep trying. I think I need some longer sticks for the front to make the video pitch work for this tarp.

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Pablo said...

Two excellent pitching ideas. I'm going to have a go at those.

Cheers

Pablo

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian;
PLEASE pitch the bomb shelter today!
We can try it at my house later. I think you will like it!
~Daniel~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home