American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Wet, wet, wet...

We've had rain off and on for the last several days. This isn't your light Spring shower we're talking about but hard, driving thunderstorms.

My hammock's getting wet on a pretty regular basis. The tarp supplied seems to be long enough but it tapers too severely to offer complete coverage as I've got it pitched currently. That's something I've got to get worked out very soon.

I'm still working out the kinks with the current shelter setup and picked up some thick shock cord yesterday at the store to try with the tarp. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to use the shock cord but having some on hand seemed a good idea.

The sewn runners have been great. I liked them so much that I decided to pick up a couple more as they're useful and quite inexpensive. I hope to make some of my own at custom lengths (they're only available in 30cm and 60cm) and maybe add a couple of loops. I'm using one of the 60cm runners with a carabiner attached to my sheath for carrying my knife baldric style for now.

The trip is in less than two weeks. I'm packing extremely light. I'm so excited.

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home