American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Have I really been back for just five days?

It already seems like weeks ago that I completed the Primitive Skills Course at Briar Patch. I wish the class had been two weeks despite all the rain. There's so much more to learn and some of the "advanced" topics which could build upon the basic skills I've learned would have been great fun.

I'm already building a list of topics I'd like to see included in a future Advanced Primitive Skills class should George and Kerri choose to teach one.

Maybe they'll consider doing some 3-day weekend events throughout the year.

I'm going to have to allocate some time this weekend to get into the woods to keep my new skills sharp. I've been out playing with a big piece of flint today and I'm trying to get some consistent flakes. My knapping skills are not very good yet but I'm prepared to practice, practice, and practice some more. I know where to get big boxes of heat treated flint nodes on eBay so keeping myself supplied with raw materials shouldn't be too difficult. I do only have a limited number of fingers to smash with my hammer stone however...

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BBWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Another one hooked!!!

Thanks for coming Brian. We are considering a second week of primitive courses, as well as some shorter classes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home