American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, August 11, 2007

ML Knives Kephart

Matt sent me this image yesterday of my newest piece from ML Knives. It's based on my interpretation of the Kephart Knife.

I've been a big fan of the Kephart design for some time and had been anxious to find someone who would make one to my specs.

This one's got a 5" blade forged out of 1095 (I think) and the blade is approximately 3/16" thick. I can't wait to get it in my hands for a bit of pre-trip testing.

It joins the ranks of the other trip candidates bringing the total of potential companions to three. The Dark Hunter, the ML Drop Point, and now the ML Kephart could potentially all go to Michigan at the end of next week. I'd prefer to take just one but that may be too tough a choice to make.

No matter which I choose I'll not be under-knifed for a week-long trip.

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice brian.... i like that one... you have some great looking knives...

i have 2 more from matt on the way... they should be here in a few days.... a 4 in. drop point, similar to yours and a cool little bird and trout knife....

take care... mtnfolk mike t

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Ooh Mike,

I got it last night when I got home...

This thing is how Kephart would have done it if he'd ever heard of ML Knives...

Holy Cow!!!

I may never need another knife.

Thanks for your comment,

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home