American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Friday, August 10, 2007

Primitive Skills Class

Briar Patch Outdoors is hosting a Primitive Skills Class at the end of this month (8/18-25) up in Michigan.

I've made plans to attend. I have childcare lined up, my schedule is cleared, and I'm setting aside the basic gear I intend to bring along.

My personal rule is to exclude any gear that won't fit inside a single 5-gallon bucket. So far I'm taking a tarp, a knife (to be determined,) my Gransfors Bruks Wildlife Hatchet, a Snowpeak 3-piece cookset/mess kit, two Nalgene bottles and purification tabs, and a big box of Texas Flint for knapping. Oh, I'll also bring along the camera, a notebook, a couple of pencils, a rain coat, and a toothbrush.

Going light is tough when there's so much cool gear to take out and test/review...

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home