American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Getting Ready!

Cooler days and colder nights. That's the forecast for the next few days.

Perfect bug-free weather for some time out.

I've got my basha and bedroll out, my wool blankets ready to go, my knife and axe sharpened, and my billycan is topped off with a muslin bag of parched corn and muscovado and another of jerky.

The weather's changing...it's going to be hunting season soon. The animals know it and I know it.

We're heading into my absolute favorite time of year. Waking up and needing the Swanndri Ranger only to take it off once the sun's burned off some of the morning fog, hiking and building a campsite but not getting so gross and sweaty, and tucking in nice and snug at night with a good wool blanket, a warm cup of tea, and my favorite stocking cap. Magic.

I can't wait.

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger viridari said...

I'm right there with you.

I've already told the boss that I'm taking a personal day on Monday.

We have to enjoy this before the crazy deer hunters get the run of the woods.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Ah, I spend lots of time in County Owned land so there are no crazy deer hunters allowed--only crazy deer. They're the ones to watch out for.

Thanks for your comment,

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home