American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Hammocking Tip

When hanging a hammock inside you will still need to insulate underneath if it gets cold.

I had a chilly night because I didn't prepare the hammock well.

Blankets on top kept me warm but a cool draft under the hammock, even inside, kept my back pretty cool and right on the verge of uncomfortable.

Tonight I'll throw a Wiggy's Poncho Liner under the hammock for added insulation.

Thanks for reading,


B

3 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Pablo said...

Thermarest or another blanket?
Pablo

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

LOL! Both actually.

I've got a Ridgerest but don't like the feel of it against my back so I've got a fleece blanket in on top of that.

If it gets bad I'll just drop my wool blanket in there and call it good.

B

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it useful to put blanket in hammock before getting in, then flip both sides on top of me. (like a burrito wrap!) Hope that helps, KM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home