American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Scott Hams

Photo Courtesy of Scott HamsRemember this post? I'm finally out of bacon.

It's time to get back in touch with the good folks at Scott Hams of Greenville, Kentucky.

Last time it was bacon and ham hocks, this time it's ham, sausage, bacon, and apple butter. Mmm...

They've got jowl bacon and I'm going to pick up a whole mess of it.

As always, the meats are prepared without Nitrates, Nitrites, or MSG. They do it the same way I'd do it if I had my smokehouse up and running. That says a lot.

We're eating lots of hot breakfast around my house now and, as the cook, it is my responsibility to pick the protein to accompany the pancakes, french toast, waffles, oatmeal, etc. You can bet we'll be having more ham and bacon to fuel the kids through the day.

Oh, did I mention that the cured meats do not require refrigeration? They recommend that you refrigerate/freeze the meat but it's not a requirement and that makes these meats popular with the reenactment crowd and it's quite a change of pace to go from freeze-dried meals to a couple of meaty pieces of bacon when hiking or camping.

So, if you're looking for the good stuff, and I do mean goooooood, then give the folks at Scott Hams a look. Your tastebuds will thank you.

Thanks for reading,


B

3 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger ElderGuru.com said...

I'm hungry!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

LOL!

Me too.

I talked to Judy at Scott Hams today and she said her sales have tripled since I ordered my first slab.

I sure hope I had something to do with that.

Last time I got all savory stuff (bacon, ham hock, bean soup, etc.) and this time I've added the sweet fruit butters to the order.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Thanks for your comment,

B

 
At 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see others enjoying fine stuff from Kentucky. We've been enjoying it for years here in the state. ;-) Use it in moderation and it can last a year.

-- Fred
Ky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home