American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Inexpensive Kit

Back in July of 2006 I wrote this post about building an inexpensive kit for the beginning/bargain bushcrafter.

Interestingly some 18 months later this is still the kit I'd recommend for someone looking to get started. I suppose that's because it's just plain hard to beat good gear and this is good gear available for little money.

I might change out the Mora 760 for the 510 but think the difference is minimal.

If one built this particular kit I think it's more a matter of improving/customizing the gear going forward than of replacing it.

I think I'm going to take some time and source all the items on this list and we'll see just how much it would cost and then folks going forward that want to get involved in bushcraft/woodcraft can more easily find this gear.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it. Everybody has preferences and personal experience.

I might change "machete" to camp axe, living in the northern forest where woody trees are prevalent.

I understand machetes may be of more use in tropical areas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home