American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Getting in Shape

I've got a three-day trip coming up in April and then class/camp/hike season really kicks off for me so it's time to lose some of this winter weight (which I've managed to keep on for three years now) and get some aerobic fitness so I can go climb those hills in North Carolina.

I'm walking a bit but find myself doing more body-weight exercises right now as time is hard to come by and a trip to the gym just isn't in the cards. Plus, Jim Bridger never went to the local health club did he?

I start my morning by crawling out of bed (still hurting a bit from those falls on the ice,) listening to all the cracks and pops my body now makes that it didn't used to, and then to the floor for a set of sit-ups (crunches really,) push-ups, jumping jacks, and then free squats before heading downstairs for coffee.

I don't know if it's done me any good so far but after Jake jumped on my midsection yesterday I did feel some abdominal muscles firm up that I haven't felt in a long time.

It'll probably be several more days before I notice any physiological change (a smaller waistline would be nice) but it'll come soon enough.

A modest lifestyle change like morning calisthenics will net modest results but it's a step in the right direction...

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home