American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Wilderness Outfitters Versa Shelter

Many of you know that I spend some time each week looking at new bushcraft videos on YouTube. This past week I found a series of videos from Wilderness Outfitters Archery detailing the various components, construction, and setup options for the Versa Shelter.

I think this is a very clever setup and, being a guy who carries a bedroll with similar components, find the recommended components to be welcome additions. I plan on running out to Home Depot to pick up one of the heavy duty tarps to replace my space blanket and a couple of bungie cords to complement my cordage.

Part 1:


Part 2:


Part 3:


Part 4:


Give these videos a look.

Thanks for reading,


B

3 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know if there is a link out there that has been reposted? Or could you give a description of the versa shelter?

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

I don't.

The Versa Shelter is basically a tarp, some tent poles from an old Army shelter half, some bungee cords, some cordage, and a wool blanket.

It was all rolled up bedroll style with the wool blanket on the outside (protects the tarp) and wrapped with the cordage.

As I mentioned, I do something very similar but I keep my tarp on the outside to keep the wool dry.

B

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

none of the vids on this page work. they do work at the address bellow.
http://video.neighborhood21.com/related/e3bef5e069713af9fa6c

 

Post a Comment

<< Home