American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

David Petersen Books

I got an email this morning from a reader who suggested a few books and websites to feed my hunger for traditional archery and hunting. One of those authors, David Petersen, has been hard to find at the local bookstore and at Amazon.com so I did a Google search and came up with this site: David Petersen Books

Reading the synopsis on the books really piqued my interest and I went ahead and ordered not only the two that were recommended, "A Man Made of Elk" and "On the Wild Edge," but also three others. I sure hope I like Petersen's writing style because I've got about 1000 pages of his stuff coming soon.

Ordering from the website gets me autographed copies of the books and, as they're hard to find elsewhere, cost me nothing extra over the big book websites.

Thanks for the heads up Mike.

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

B,
I also thought that, since you are a knife man, that I'd mention Dave's favorite knife, the Helle Fire. You can get them at ragweed forge or here
http://www.dryadbows.com/helleknives/ and I have one as well. I can attest to the greatness of these knives for hunting/ skinning, and I am a BIG fan of the scandi grind (but maybe that's because I am sharpening deficient otherwise)... also the Helle Symphoni is a superb "bushcraft" type knife. Let me know how the books turn out.
Mike

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

right on brian... you're going to love david's work... i have 4 or 5 of his books i think... i might pick up another one at the shoot we're attending this weekend...

cheers.. mtnfolk mike t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home