American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, April 12, 2008

IJ Aito 1244 Bark

The knife is here. This is my first bark-handled knife and I didn't know just what to expect.

I am suitably impressed with the overall fit and finish on the knife and the handles have a feeling like cork that just seems like it'll be cozy in the cold of winter and the heat of summer while being grippy enough without causing hot spots and blisters.

I've only had it in house now for an hour or so. No pictures yet but they'll be coming soon enough...

I'm off to the woodpile for some splitting and batonning work.

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a tease. Looking forward to your pics on this one! I'll be out at the woodpile scrounging bark too...

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

LOL!

I'll try and get some pictures of the 1244 today. We're pretty overcast with a chance of snow (again) this morning but that shouldn't stop me from snapping a few for you.

Thanks for your comment,


B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home