American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Feel Your Pain

I know many of you out there are wondering what the heck is going on (or, more likely, NOT going on) here that there's been such a lack of updates this summer. I am sorry for that.

Right now the kids and I are dealing with an Impetigo outbreak (think bacterial infection of the skin) that's got all of us a bit out of sorts. We're on the road to recovery though and should be back to "normal" in another day or so.

I'm also working on building my own full custom American Bushman brand machete which is taking up time and isn't really that interesting yet. I've got all the pieces in place and now just need to take the next step. I believe we're just waiting on steel and then the ball will get rolling on that project. The first run will be very limited and if I can't keep prices down will be the last run also.

On top of everything else, my Internet service has been extremely spotty for the past several weeks leaving me with half-written posts that go unsaved and me lacking the time and motivation to re-write them.

You're absolutely entitled to be supremely annoyed with me. Heck, I am annoyed with my lack of posts lately. It just didn't seem like there was anything worth writing.

Thanks for your patience during this "drought" and special thanks to you, Chris, for the kick in the butt. :)

See you soon,


B

3 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if i didnt care and wasnt inspired by your writing style and the unique way you present outdoor information.i would have kept my mouth shut and simply went away.my brother you have a gift.use it or lose it lol.seriously if your ever in my neck of the woods stop by and autograph that book of yours im waiting on you to write.much happiness chris from al.

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... we're still with you B. That machette sounds interesting. Can't wait to see it.
All the best.
Pablo
Pablo's Woodlife

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Hey B,

IGM from BF here. Show us your design for the ABM Machete. I'd like to see what you're working on. I come through and read from time to time. Very informative blog. Thanks for sharing stuff like this. Now I'm gonna go and search for info on how to convex a blade edge. Not happy with the edges on some of my Busses. Be well.

J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home