American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Pocket Knife

I've been trying something for the past several weeks just to mix it up a bit. I've been carrying my modified Fehrman Thru-Hiker in my front pocket.

This knife is thick enough to handle tough tasks and the edge is ground thin enough to be a real cutter and slicer. The 3V is fantastically heat treated and holds an edge darned near forever.

I use the knife just as I would any pocket knife (i.e. opening packages and the mail, slicing food for breakfast/lunch, trimming loose threads and long fingernails, etc.) and it's done a fine job.

It'd probably raise more eyebrows if I pulled it out in public but, suspecting that, I limit the time it spends out of my pocket when I'm in town or at the store.

The kydex sheath from Fehrman is nice and slim and goes easily in and out of the pocket. I could leave the Tek-Lock on it and snap it on my belt just as easily as drop it in my pocket.

I think I may have Dan and Spen work something up for a front pocket sheath to carry this.

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Jason Lancaster said...

Looks very similar to a Becker Necker, which has been my favorite traveling companion for quite a while.

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And thankyou for the heads up on a good sheath maker.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home