American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Nick Allen Camp Knife

Remember this post?

Well Nick has done it again and I received my Nick Allen Camp Knife yesterday afternoon. This is way more than just a blown-up version of the Bladeforums Knife. It looks like it'll chop with authority, has an edge fine enough for slicing and carving, and came crazy sharp.

Specs:
OAL: 13"
Handle: 5.75"
Blade: 7.25"
1/4" thick
15.25 oz.
Natural Canvas Micarta handle scales

Nick tried a dangler-style sheath on this one and it's treated with his beeswax dip which makes the sheath hard like wood and gives a nice *click* as the knife goes in and out of the sheath.

I'm going to have to find some field time this weekend to get out and get this knife dirty and to break it in.

Thanks for reading,


B

6 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Brian, I think you'll really like that one. This months TK's has the Allen knives that I reviewed including that model and it was very impressive. Scary sharp edge but it held up very well to chopping and batoning. Even held up to putting 5 stitches in my index finger too when I got stupid :-p

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oohh.. that is a beauty brian... i really like nick's work... i am going to able to check one of his smaller knives soon, via a passaround on BF... i'm looking forward to it...

cheers.. mtnfolk mike

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Five stitches huh? That must have left a bit of patina on the blade. :)

I'll be on the lookout for the issue.

Thanks,

B

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Well Mike,

I contacted Nick this morning and put one of those little beauties on the list...

Six months he says...

I'm also getting on a list (for a future model) ahead of Thayne for once. :D

B

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think it's in the current issue. Nov?

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger sam said...

Looks to have all the right bits, I like the Scandinavian style sheath

 

Post a Comment

<< Home