American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

EDC Backlash

I carry so much stuff every day in my pockets that I've finally had enough.

I like to go light in the woods but heavy during the day around the house and around town. The Swiss Army Knife (SAK) in my pocket with my Leatherman Micra/Fox 40 Micro, the lighter and cotton balls, the cell phone, bandanas, wallet, and other gear weighs me down, gets used once or twice a day, and is most likely overkill for my day to day routine.

Well I've had enough.

I've got a SwissTool and Light My Fire Army Firesteel on my belt (both in JRE Leather) and with the addition of a wallet and cell phone I should have my bases covered. I'll probably still carry the bandanas as they're so functional in so many ways and take up little room and weigh next to nothing but THAT'S IT!

As the weather cools I find myself with more layers which equals more pockets which equals more opportunity to carry gear I wouldn't otherwise carry and I load each pocket to the max. I'm a walking PSK. :)

Thanks for reading,


B

3 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, to carry enough gear for any contingency means bulking up for sure.

One thing I do is carry a pile of gear just for the exercise all that extra weight and bulk provides. This prepars me for heavier loads while backpacking for a week or more in the wilds.

But sometimes it does seem absurd, having all this gear on my back when only a half mile in back of the house in the woods.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Mattexian said...

It'd be more absurd to hafta walk back to the house for one little thing that you took out of your pockets.

Odd; word verification: prolimp

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

LOL! True.

Of course the things I've left behind have been redundant for the best part so I can still handle those tasks in front of me (hopefully.)

Thanks for your comment,


B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home