American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Venison Chili

I made this a little differently than I make my normal chili because I used tomatoes and beans this time.

A little shredded Monterey Jack and some sliced scallions really made the bowl.

I hoped to take a picture but the boy (he's 5) DESTROYED the chili and is still telling me how tasty it was. He had two bowls of "Jimmy Chili" and he knew exactly what we were eating. I like that kid.

I used 1 pound of ground venison (80/20 meat to suet ratio) with a can of tomatoes, a can of beans, and a packet of Chili Man Chili Seasoning. It only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish and I did it all in a cast iron skillet.

It was really fantastic and I'm so happy that we've started to consume the meat I harvested just a few weeks ago.

Tomorrow we're going to have to break into our surplus of pheasant.

Mmm...

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home