American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Consumed

I'm really finding it hard right now to sit down at the computer to write my daily updates.

Scheduling is tough right now as I've volunteered for so many things and my time with the kids has gotten much shorter. The days are full of to-do lists and errands and the evenings are spent scheduling meetings and attending other meetings to discuss what needs to be done between meetings. Exciting huh?

I look at my knife, firesteel, and billy can every morning and think, "Maybe today is the day..." and then toss my gear in the back of the van just in case.

At night my gear comes in unused...again.

That leaves me with a dearth of information to post. It also makes my posts that do get written a bit less fun (for us both I suspect.)

My snow trench sits outside half finished and never occupied.

My time in the woods is now spent working rather than relaxing.

Have I somehow gotten myself a full-time unpaid job other than the one I was doing?!

It's time to revisit my calendar and figure out how to make the days work with some time for a little bushcraft and R&R.

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger ptr10001 said...

What are you up to in the woods?

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Buckthorn removal when the weather permits for now.

There may be more for me to do going forward if I'm lucky.

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home