American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Bushbaby Pictures and Survival Forums

The knife I described yesterday is actually being called the Bushbaby and there are comparison pictures here.

While looking at the pictures I realized that this is a discussion forum I haven't been on before. SurvivalForums.com looks to be a fairly new forum but there's already plenty of discussion going on. Subforums run the gamut from the Wilderness Learning Center's survival education forum to manufacturer sponsored forums including one run by the boys at JRE Industries.

There are forums on survival fitness, firearms, economic survival, and much more. It's going to take me some time to dig into the posts but it looks like a good group of folks (familiar names from other forums) contributing so the quality of discussion should be quite good.

Stop on over if you've got an opportunity and give it a look. I'm headed back over there now to continue digging around.

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger backcountrybowhunter said...

Looks like a much handier size. I'd personally like to see a bit more point to the tip, a bit more belly to the blade, but they look great.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

I'll tell you what, you should shoot L.T. and Dan at Blind Horse Knives an email and give them your feedback.

I know there's already a variant of the Bushcrafter that came about because of customer comments so you may just get your wish with little more than an email or phone call.

If I can get one in hand for a bit I'll do a full write-up with length, thickness, and weight. (Maybe I'll even get a chance to use it a bit before sending it back.) :)

Thank for your comment,

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home