American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, March 28, 2009

MSR Stainless Insulated Mug

I picked up thisMSR Insulated Mug yesterday at Erehwon and am using it this morning for my first big cup of coffee.

It holds .4L (12.5 oz) and was designed to drop into the new MSR mess kits just like the GSI kits that came out last season. The cup stands approximately 3.75" tall, 4.25" wide, and 2.5" from front to back. The cup itself is stainless made in Thailand like the rest of MSR's stainless pieces (probably at the same factory that makes the Zebra products) with a red rubberized insulator which can be removed to wash the cup in the dishwasher.

I don't have the MSR kits but thought I'd give this one a try to fit into my Trangia kit or maybe one of the larger Zebra billy cans.

It has kept my coffee warm longer than the porcelain cup I normally use and it's not imparting any foreign tastes so far.

I'm having a hard time getting used to the shape but that'll become comfortable with some use I suspect.

I think this cup paired with a spork and thermos full of hot soup, coffee, or hot chocolate would be a welcome companion while sitting in the cold woods during deer season.

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home