American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, April 19, 2009

No Matter What!

It's been so long since I took a "No Matter What" hike that I have forgotten just what kind of problems can be encountered that require resolution.

We're getting some cold rain today after yesterday's 70° temperatures and it occurred to me that I would need to come up with a way to protect my digital camera from the weather. This is a problem I've had in the past and I can't honestly remember just how I solved it.

Sometimes a forced hike can help shake down gear, resolve potential problems, and prevent certain "surprises" from popping up at inopportune times in the field.

A few years ago I went out every weekend No Matter What and it was great. We went out in all kinds of nasty weather from bitter cold to driving rain to oppressive heat and there were no excuses.

I need to do that again...

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger J. J. Magnum said...

When I used to take crime scene photos we operated in all weather conditions (as you can imagine). We used a zip lock bag to house the camera with a hole in it for the lens. Since we were using SLR's we learned to focus by distance and pretty much how to "point and shoot". We were using 35mm format cameras so we bracketed our shots. For Point and Shoot digitals that focus for themselves you might need two holes (one for the focus sensor and one for the lens), but it should work out for you.

FWIW...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home