American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Orange Spyderco Military

Spyderco President Sal Glesser announced a sprint run of orange G10 handled Militaries a short while ago and I just had to pick one up. (You all know how much I love orange handles...) This one arrived yesterday and is my first Military and first orange Spyderco.

This knife is BIG. It's bigger than my Fallkniven F1 when opened but the thinner blade stock and G10 scales make it easy to drop into a pocket. It's a liner lock so not ambidextrous and it's only drilled for tip down carry. I know several other models from Spyderco can be adjusted for tip-up/down and even some left/right carry.

Specs:
5/32" thick S30V blade
4" blade
9 1/2" OAL
Orange G10 handles
4.2 oz
Made in USA (Golden, CO)

Sprint runs involve limited production numbers and these knives are going quickly so far. There are more coming out from the factory but it looks like everyone is sold out for the time being. I'm glad I got one when I did.

Now I've just got to find some time to get out and use it...

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Chris said...

Where did you get yours from?

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Knifecenter but they were out when I went back to check yesterday.

Roger at Knifeworks just got in a shipment though.

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home