American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Back in Town

We made it back from NC successfully and then I felt a familiar sensation in my right ear which moved to my right tonsil overnight...that's right, I've got Strep Throat AGAIN! just two weeks since I had it last.

The upside to being sick is that I've lost some weight. I'm down 15 pounds already and plan to keep it off as I improve my fitness for the field.

Unfortunately, this strep is progressing just like the last time and this may be the last day for a few that I feel like even getting out of bed.

I found this great video on YouTube this morning on making a netting shuttle using a piece of wood and a Victorinox Farmer:


There's so much to bring you up to speed on if I could just get the energy to write...

Thanks for reading,


B

3 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Wildcat said...

get some rest and get to feelin better. i look forward to reading about the #2 item.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger backcountrybowhunter said...

Superb knfiework on that video. Proves once again, a SAK is almost all you need!

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Dave McIntyre said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the video. I had fun doing it in spite of the cut thumb.

I get tired of knife videos that are all talk and opinions but never show the knife in action or demonstrate a useful skill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home