American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Briar Patch Full Day Plant Class

George is hosting a day-long plant class on June 6th and 7th (two sessions) up near where he held the Herbal Preparations Class a few weeks ago and I'm planning on attending. As I understand it we'll cover as many plants as we can cover during the day and then prepare a meal using the things we've found.

It sounds like a fantastic opportunity to continue expanding my knowledge of plants and wild edibles. Plus George's presentation style makes it easy to take away mountains of information while being educated AND entertained. I have pages and pages of notes from the Herbal Preparations Class and we only took about 20-30 minutes to talk about some of the edible and medicinal plants growing right around the shop.

I've got some video from that class but I'm going to need George's permission before I post it up on YouTube and here on the blog. It will give you a good taste of how he teaches though.

Maybe I'll see some of you there...

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Anonymous George Hedgepeth said...

Awesome! See ya there!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger J. J. Magnum said...

I took a class from George several years ago (my introduction to him in fact) of this type. It was an interesting day filled with more knowledge than my head could hold. The meal at the end was without doubt one of the finer outdoor "survival" feasts I've ever had.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home