American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, June 04, 2009

There's 20.

This morning I stepped on the scales and I'm now down 20 pounds since I started tracking my weight on May 1st.

That may seem like a lot to some but I can assure you it's just a good start. I can certainly tell the difference when doing things like climbing the stairs or going for a walk--it's just easier.

Not having the time to acquire and review new gear or get into the woods has but a real crimp on my blogging activities but it seems to be a good distraction from the constant draw of food.

I've replaced the junk food (mostly) with healthy choices and eat probably four or five servings of fruit and four or five servings of vegetables every day.

Sarah and I are finding our stride and I hope soon to have a better routine down so that I can start to plan things. She's sleeping better at night, eating more and more consistently, and she's getting a regular nap schedule.

I've got a long way to go but I'll keep you updated when I hit any significant milestones. :)

Thanks for reading,


B

5 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Anonymous George Hedgepeth said...

ood for you buddy! Looking forward to seeing you Sunday.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger The Suburban Bushwacker said...

Well played dude.
If you keep it up you'll be trim n slim in no time
stick withit

SBW

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Extreme Tolerance said...

Great work!

Yesterday I picked up Arnold's Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding. Even though I am not bodybuilding it's got a lot of really practical fitness info. I also trust this book more than others books/fitness magazines/random interwebz.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger sam said...

Well done, that's gotta be a real load of the body and mind!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Way to go! I'm trying too, and have lost about a dozen pounds over 2 months time, Somebody told me to try and not eat after 5 or 6 pm, and that has helped me, as well as what you said about cutting junkfood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home