American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Fallkniven F1 3G

I finally got one of the 1000 piece limited edition 25th Anniversary Fallkniven F1s in Laminated 3G (versus the regular production Laminated VG-10) last night when Dan from JRE Industries agreed to meet up with me after swim practice. I brought my kids and he brought his and we met up for an ice cream and to swap stories and for me to pick up this beautiful piece of cutlery.

Each piece is numbered (I got #0123) on the spine and mine came with a factory leather sheath which will be replaced with the custom model I ordered a while back when it's done.

Dan mentioned that he had a limited supply of the 3G F1s so I'm going to do my darndest to get out and use this one quickly to determine if another one might be in my immediate future. I've liked everything about my 3G H1 so far but the thinner stock of the F1 and the more familiar blade shape may be the deciding factor for me.

I'll get some pictures today or tomorrow (I hope) so you can see the new knife versus my old user. I don't think there are any changes other than the new handle feels firmer but I'll let the pictures tell you the story.

Anyway, if you're thinking about picking one of these 3G F1s up you might want to give JRE Industries a look. It's like a one-stop shop for cutlery and leather. They almost make it too easy...or in my case, they DO make it too easy. :)

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger J. J. Magnum said...

I handled one of their custom F1's at the recent Mississippi gathering. Outstanding work. So far I have resisted buying one...

So far.

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

''Just got my F1-3G L.E., (2 years since it were made).
What a surprise that its still available online.
Only 1000 25th L.E.(Limited Edition)were made and it cost about 25% more than the new F1/3G which is on sale.
A small number of the L.E. are avaliable online, possibly due to certain import restriction or issues of certain countries, and a slightly more more affordable might be why a handful of L.E. are still available online.
Its cheaper to buy in the U.S. than it is in the UK...lucky for some.
Cost me almost for the price of a 10'' laptop.
The knife certainly Worth its weight in 3G Gold Powder, L.E. is extra(Cost about 25% of the standard F1/3G).
Its an exciting knife, that is if you respect the F1 name and 3G steel(62HRC)but not to the average beginner''
- Fujisan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home