American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Friday, July 03, 2009

Strep Strikes Me Down AGAIN!

Can you believe the luck? That's three times since mid-May of this year and it's been just as bad each time.

I started feeling poorly last night and got up this morning with chills and sweats and the same terrible pain throughout my joints, muscles, and bones. I knew what it was even before I took the first look down my throat.

A quick trip with a flashlight to the nearest mirror confirmed my suspicions--white spotted tonsils.

I called the doc and made an appointment and asked if I could just get the meds as I was getting quite proficient at diagnosing my ailment and they gave me a big fat, "No!" so I went in.

Sure enough, just moments after taking the swab it came back positive.

Here we go...

I was supposed to go camping this weekend...

Thanks for reading,


B

4 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Anonymous George said...

We had a good time, and you were missed! We had a couple of enthusiastic newbies there too. We will try again soon I hope buddy!

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

you also had HUGE plans for Friday night.....

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn AB...something is seriously off-kilter. You should have retained a degree of immunity from having Strep the first and second times.

Anyway, get well soon.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Thanks everybody.

Yes, Friday night my dear, dear friend Mary tied the knot and now she's off the market. (Sorry fellas, you missed a good one.) I'm sad that we missed the wedding but now the kids and I are really anxious to come out East to see the sights, eat the sandwiches, and see you and the new family. :)

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home