American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Autumn Blades (F1 and Paramilitary)

It's time for a couple of changes to the cutlery lineup with the change in the weather. I'm putting the laminated VG-10 Fallkniven F1 on vacation for a few months while I continue the break-in period with the 3G F1 and the Paramilitary has done so well these past few days that I'm thinking of extending the pocket time to a month or longer.



Paramilitary

I wonder how much I'll still like these blades come winter...

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever thought about doing a post on why you use stainless steel knives versus carbon steel? I'm a Fallkniven fan myself and was just curious. Thanks, Jeff

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

As a matter of fact Jeff, I have and I will.

I have the Carbon Steel knife at the sheathmaker right now and once it comes back there will be some comparison/contrast work done including some tests that will cause corrosion on at least one of the blades.

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home