American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Fuzz Stick Tip

I'm sure some of you already know this but some of you may not.

When making fuzz sticks, in order to maximize your volume, you can make the curls lay in different directions simply by moving the point of your knife up or down as you're cutting.

Point up (at an angle) and your fuzzies will curl away from you.

Point down, and they'll curl toward you.

Keep the knife perpendicular to the stick and your fuzzies will curl straight.

A few passes each way will give you more volume (and make the fuzz stick light easier) than simply cutting one single way.

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get THAT stick with THAT RC-3? I ask because I have trouble getting good curls with my RC-4 and I always thought it was just that the blade was too thick...but if you're doing that, then maybe not?

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

I did.

I have done one similar with my RC-4.

I think maybe I'll try and shoot a video to show the technique. It took me a long time to figure it out and then, one day, it clicked and I've been making fuzz sticks like that often.

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home