American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Feeling Pretty Stupid.

Last weekend was the great Garage Clean-Out and this weekend has been the Bonzer Basement Purge.

As well as getting rid of things that are of little or no value I have been reorganizing the things that remain. The problem arises when I start getting rid of empty boxes. I often check them to make sure they're really empty before putting them in the recycling and that attention to detail has served me well.

The pain of getting rid of so much of my stuff will be worth it in the end when I have a Man Room in the basement where I can go to be with my guns, knives, axes, and other outdoorsy stuff.

Let's cut to the chase.

I managed to pick up TWO of Fallkniven's 3G F1s and one went straight into a sheath. The other one remained boxed up for future use. Yeah, it was in a box.

I just got rid of my last empty box.

I'm tired both physically and mentally.

Did I screw up? Have I tossed the box with the F1 still in it?

I sure can't find it now.

It'd be bad enough with the production F1 at around $100 but the 3G cost twice that. Ouch.

Two is one and one is none. That adage proved true today...

Bummer.

Thanks for reading,


B

5 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUH!? B.... Oh my god.

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous knife whore said...

Where do you live, maybe I can catch before it goes to the land fill.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger J. J. Magnum said...

Dang Brian, you throw away nicer stuff than I'm allowed to keep. Next time you should invite friends over to help you; then perhaps if you are going to throw away the "nice" stuff it could go to a good home...

LOL

I feel your pain.

JJ

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger J. J. Magnum said...

By the way Brian, I should have added to the post above, the best way to find what you are missing is to purchase another one...

Hope that helps!

;-)

JJ

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

I never did find it.

I went through every bag and every trash can.

That leads me to believe one of two things:

1. It never went in the trash.
2. The box fell inside something else and was hidden from view.

Either way, I'll keep looking. In the past I announced something went missing on the blog and then the missing item would be discovered in a matter of days.

Trash day was today so those bags are now gone and the cans are empty. That greatly reduced my chances of finding the knife if it did, indeed, go into the trash.

It takes an awful lot to make me give up hope.

Thanks,

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home