American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's Tough

It's tough when someone in your family doesn't quite "get it."

This morning I put out half of the contents of one garage bay for the garbage man. Sure, the stuff is garbage and I have a tendency to hoard things that aren't quite worn out but I had to get rid of some things that have uses above and beyond their intended scope.

A small mountain of worn out sanding belts were hanging off my work bench and they are now headed for the local landfill. My 220s were probably more like 4000s because most of the abrasive had worn off but I could still use them!

Don't worry, nothing of any real value has gone out. I did find myself explaining over and over why I needed to hang on to certain things but my wife and I are clearly not seeing eye to eye on this subject.

The good news is that I can now easily get to my workbench and tool box so there should be some more projects coming soon. Plus, now I can set up the video camera in the garage when I'm working and I'm not quite so embarrassed to leave the garage door up.

I also had an opportunity to reorganize the shelves once everything was removed. I had been storing my firestarting materials on the shelf UNDER the gas cans and various fuels. OOPS! Now things are as they should have been plus the fire extinguisher is hanging nearby now.

Before it would have taken Indiana Jones to find anything if I were absent and now ANYBODY can walk in and see how things are organized and should have a greater chance of finding what they are looking for. Up next, the basement...

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger J. J. Magnum said...

What a way to spend your Birthday! Hope it was a good one though. Try not to work so hard!

LOL!

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Birthday? Happy Birthday AB! Have a great day, Jeff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home